[lbo-talk] whether or not a paper trail was in place

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Wed Sep 1 20:57:41 PDT 2004

R wrote:
>it was my impression, michael, that a paper trail will not solve the
>problem. that the machines can be hacked to produce a false paper
>trail. hence, the subject line.

In Venezuela, voters received a paper receipt specifying their vote, checked its correctness, and then placed it into a sealed ballot box. No hacking was possible, and the system (produced by Smartmatic, a Florida! company) functioned flawlessly.

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things...It consents and does not consent to be called Zeus."

Herakleitos of Ephesos