[lbo-talk] Bush as sex fantasy

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Thu Sep 2 06:40:33 PDT 2004

On Aug 29, 2004, at 11:10 AM, Carl Remick wrote:

> Freud's dying words (so the story goes) were "What do women want?" and
> I understand his consternation. Why women find the simian GWB
> attractive at all is a mystery to me, but I must admit that even my
> Bush-o-phobic wife remarked on GWB's great physical shape on seeing
> him doing ranch work in F911.

First principle for understanding fantasies: they're *fantasies*! Surprise, surprise! Therefore, they are generally the *opposite* of what our conscious minds are preoccupied with, what we consciously *think* we want.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ When I was a little boy, I had but a little wit, 'Tis a long time ago, and I have no more yet; Nor ever ever shall, until that I die, For the longer I live the more fool am I. -- Wit and Mirth, an Antidote against Melancholy (1684)