[lbo-talk] Re: chomsky ipse loquitur

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 2 12:38:29 PDT 2004

Here's one significant difference between Bush and Kerry on the domestic policy front.

Kerry's gonna drill the land til you holler NIMBY! Bush just want to give the land to corporate interests. Care to choose? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Labor and special interests hear Kerry Administration energy plan:

"Kerry told James Hoffa of the Teamsters this spring that he wouldn't touch the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge but would "drill everywhere else like never before"." " ...He pledged the same policy again to the American Gas Association a couple of months later, throwing in the prospect of a new trans-Alaska-Canada pipeline for natural gas from the Arctic.""

<snip>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ http://www.counterpunch.org/cockburn07312004.html ==================================== ----- Original Message ----- From: Doug Henwood To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2004 9:38 AM Subject: [lbo-talk] Re: chomsky ipse loquitur

jimi ayler quoted Noam Chomsky:

>On domestic issues there could be a fairly significant
>difference

When I interviewed Naomi Klein on my radio show last week, she declaimed at length that there was little diff between Bush & Kerry on foreign policy. When I said, yeah, but there are some differences on domestic policy, she essentially said (I'm paraphrasing only slightly): "Well yeah, but I'm Canadian, so I don't really care about those."

I'll be posting the interview to the web archive in a day or two.