[lbo-talk] MoveOn v. Bush

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Thu Sep 2 13:18:14 PDT 2004

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chuck0" <chuck at mutualaid.org>
>I find it simply amazing that the Democratic Party is crashing and
>burning when it should be so easy for them to defeat Bush and his
>cronies. I guess the eventual Kerry defeat in November will kill the DLC
>and cripple the Democratic Party, giving everybody else a chance to turn
>on Bush and the Republicans.

"Crashing and burning"-- the GOP machine threw everything they had at Kerry is still in a dead heat with Bush in essentially every poll. I can't believe people buy the media spin on this crap, but then I remember four years ago on this list when everyone bought the spin that Gore was going to romp to victory.

Bush is going to lose. It may be close or it may be a blowout-- that's the main debate I'm having with myself trying to analyze the race.

And by the way, Kerry's victory is not a victory for DLC politics-- seeming the reverse of Chuck's argument-- since Kerry's pro-labor policies are hardly DLC talking points.

Nathan Newman