[lbo-talk] who is zell?

R rhisiart at charter.net
Thu Sep 2 19:12:59 PDT 2004

At 08:03 AM 9/2/2004, you wrote:
>What is the source for the Zell Miller quote that Dems
>need to be more like Gov Lester Maddox? I can't find
>it any of the URLs in your post.

good question. i've looked myself. the "quote" comes from

http://www.theleftcoaster.com/mt/mt-comments.cgi?entry_id=803

when i re-read it at a "normal" time of day rather than at 4 or 5 AM when i was compiling my posting, it looks more like hyperbole than a direct quote.

i was under the impression that it came from the site given directly after the quote:

http://www.savannahnow.com/stories/062603/LOCMaddoxAP.shtml

as much of my material did. but i can't find it there.

i'll have to conclude that it may be hyperbole but i wouldn't put it past old zell to have said it off the record.