[lbo-talk] Zell on the Couch

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Sep 3 07:20:20 PDT 2004

Another Hodge Podge:

Yo budge! Matthews is a dick, but is it just me or does Ron Reagan know his shit? He invariably gets right in someone's face on a lot of issues. I've even seen him get on someone for claiming Kerry only spent four months in Vietnam. I've never paid much attn to the guy....

In Droves for Rove (I crap you negative!): "Women were fawning over him. They were swooning," said Seubel. "I've never seen someone so gnarly get so much attention from so many women." http://www.nydailynews.com/news/gossip/story/228116p-195895c.html

(Scary) Zell on the Couch: "[M]y conscience travels with me everywhere I go, like some unwelcome inner companion. I cannot escape him and is he tough. He is on steroids, has a Black Belt and long fingernails, and stomps around inside of me, sometimes in hobnailed boots. He's been there as long as I can remember. Although it's getting tougher and tougher for me to blow out all the candles on my birthday cake, he just grows stronger—and louder." http://www.dailyhowler.com/dh090204.shtml

Ha ha ha! Get Your War On (Moron) sez: "Bush is saying we'll NEVER WIN the War on Terrorism? Who elected him? Noam Chomsky?" http://www.mnftiu.cc/mnftiu.cc/war40.html

I'm suing Berube for my ermegency room bills. I've busted a gut reading him lately. It was funny enough that the Twins didn't identity as Republicans, this is even funnier. Shrub doesn't mention 41's 4 years in office. Obviously, they probably didn't want to bring up the single term presdinency, but still... Anyway, here's Berube:

My father served eight years at the side of another great American– Ronald Reagan. His spirit of optimism and goodwill and decency are in this hall, and in our hearts, and will always define our party.

Never mind the surrealist twins here. I'm thinking, whoa, dude, not a word about your dad except that he served at Reagan's side in that out-of-the-loopy way of his? Hell, I can understand you not going into detail about Neil's banking scandals and the whole Asian prostitution thing, sure, but "my father served eight years"? Like the ante- cedent of "his spirit of optimism and goodwill and decency" is Ronald Reagan, and Poppy is left twisting in the syntactical wind?

Smirking Chimp Pomoista: http://homepage.mac.com/njenson/movies/dsbush.html

Anti=Katherine Harris flash movie (Grand Theft Auto/Shootahs): http://www.ericblumrich.com/gta.html

(Not such a great headline for Swaggering Shrubya)

Bold Strokes, Few Details

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/03/politics/campaign/03assess.html?hp=&adxnnl=1&adxnnlx=1094184558-hW81N4I/PhnVUpUSxegsZw

Religious Left Says It's Ready for Major Political Push

BY MARK O'KEEFE c.2004 Newhouse News Service http://www.newhousenews.com/archive/okeefe090204.html

"We're in a fucking stagmire."

--Little Carmine, 'The Sopranos'