[lbo-talk] The Party of Lincoln

DeborahSRogers debburz at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 3 12:07:04 PDT 2004

"There was an amazing lack of sophistication. People asked for autographs - thinking I was Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton (news - web sites) and Don King. I didn't care. I signed them."

--Rep. CHARLIE RANGEL, a Democrat, telling the New York Daily News about the reception he got at the Republican National Convention.

(posted in Oddly Enough News, Reuters)

=====

" How come people always flip and think they're Jesus? Why not Buddha? Particularly in America, where more people resemble Buddha than Jesus. 'Ah'm BUDDHA!' 'You're Bubba!' 'Ah'm Buddha now..All I gotta do is change 3 letters on ma belt...' " - Bill Hicks