[lbo-talk] MoveOn v. Bush

Luke Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Fri Sep 3 16:46:46 PDT 2004

Would I show disrespect for the rule of law if I claimed that a speeding ticket isn't an impeachable offense? Actually, jaywalking is probably a better analogy, since laws against Clintonian "perjury" (Q for the resident LBO attorneys--do Clinton's misleading statements in the Jones trial constitute perjury?) are enforced about as often.

BTW: I wouldn't advocate pressing an absurd civil case against Bush primarily to get him to lie about his seemingly likely past cocaine use, and if he did lie, I wouldn't want to see him impeached. My counterfactual hope would mirror my actual hope: that the voters boot him out of office

Oh dear, Luke

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Dawson" <MDawson at pdx.edu> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Friday, September 03, 2004 1:27 PM Subject: RE: [lbo-talk] MoveOn v. Bush