[lbo-talk] Dubya Daughters' Club Crawl

DeborahSRogers debburz at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 3 21:58:21 PDT 2004

NY Post / Page Six September 4, 2004 -- JENNA and Barbara Bush lived up to their hard-partying reputation while in New York supporting their pop, President Bush, during the Republican Convention, according to our spies around town.

The twosome kicked off a week of fun last Saturday at Chelsea hot spot 17, where, we're told, they partied with a group of 20 guests till the early hours. "Jenna seemed more wild than Barbara," said a witness. "They probably got through about three bottles of Level vodka, and they were given a tour of the club by management."

The conservative cuties' next big night was Wednesday at Sixth Avenue nightclub Avalon, where they were in the crowd smoking cigarettes and pumping their fists to Kid Rock, who was performing on stage.

"They [and their entourage of about 25] drank $4,500 dollars worth of drinks — bottles and bottles of vodka," says a club insider. "Then, having been comped all the alcohol, they left a $48 tip. We thought 1 per cent was kind of outrageous, considering they are the president's daughters."

On Thursday night, after the president gave his big speech at Madison Square Garden, Jenna was out again — returning to 17 for more good times.

A spy told PAGE SIX's Tom Sykes that Jenna showed around 3 a.m. with a group of up to 50 people: "She was dancing around the club with a group of rather attractive fashion industry-type girls and another six or seven men who were either young Republicans or Secret Service," says a source who was with the party.

"There was one particular, really preppy-looking guy who she was dancing with the whole time who looked like he might be her boyfriend," our source said. "At 4:15 a.m., they closed the club and ushered Jenna and her posse upstairs to a suite where there was a private open bar and big red pool table. Jenna's friends played 8-ball quite poorly.

"The elevator was broken, so we all had to walk up the stairs. She kicked off her heels and wandered around the space barefooted. Around 5:30, the staff started losing their patience and finally sent everyone home."

There was no repeat of the poor tipping that the Avalon staff experienced. A 17 club staffer said, "Yes, they were here, but they were actually great to the staff and tipped big. In fact, they even called on Friday to say thanks for a great night, so we are hoping to see them again."

=====

" How come people always flip and think they're Jesus? Why not Buddha? Particularly in America, where more people resemble Buddha than Jesus. 'Ah'm BUDDHA!' 'You're Bubba!' 'Ah'm Buddha now..All I gotta do is change 3 letters on ma belt...' " - Bill Hicks