[lbo-talk] Chuck D on voting

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Sep 4 09:47:32 PDT 2004

[an apparent disagreement with the our Chuck0]

New York Post [Page Six] - September 4, 2004

JUST DO IT

VOTING is as essential to Public Enemy's Chuck D. as taking a bath. "It's something you're supposed to do," he told Mother Jones magazine. "You can't go around bragging, expecting to get props [just] because you voted. That's stupid. You don't see people running around trying to get props because they washed up. 'I washed today! I took a shower today!' " He added, "But if you don't vote, you can't go around if something goes wrong saying, 'Aw, man, stuff just stinks!' "