[lbo-talk] Dubya Daughters' Club Crawl

DeborahSRogers debburz at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 4 11:41:13 PDT 2004

--- Thomas Seay wrote:

> What's the political
> importance of that? Would it have mattered if they
> had stayed home and drank Celestial Seasonings?

Yes.

When Bush, Laura Bush and the GOP make much hay over conservative social values and their mandate from God to implement it, and when election spin becomes equally important to the record, then perceptions and actions do count in the overall mix, as Mary Cheney has learned the hard way. The GOP put the twins on the stage; their actions are now fair game and reflect back towards thier parents. It's another political double-standard at play.

- Deborah R.

=====

" How come people always flip and think they're Jesus? Why not Buddha? Particularly in America, where more people resemble Buddha than Jesus. 'Ah'm BUDDHA!' 'You're Bubba!' 'Ah'm Buddha now..All I gotta do is change 3 letters on ma belt...' " - Bill Hicks