[lbo-talk] killed and their body parts sold

R rhisiart at charter.net
Sat Sep 4 14:37:50 PDT 2004

At 10:04 AM 9/4/2004, you wrote:
>Nice. But who are the "Afghan Authorities"
>And why isn't any of this quoted from them?

good point, leigh. i don't think we need to be too careful here because the story is quite wide spread. Haji Din Mohammad, a portion of whose interview i included, is surely an afghan authority. the problem is serious enough to get haji's attention; and for him to soft pedal it in his interview. there are many other sources of the story.

the story reflects a dismal situation doesn't it. i doubt it's only in afghanistan. but since the US govt pretends to care about afghanistan, it's one more problem that reflects badly on us all.