[lbo-talk] Greater Denmark, the Neo-Barbs and the War With Sweden

Chip Berlet c.berlet at publiceye.org
Sun Sep 5 14:14:45 PDT 2004

Hi,

Must we have articles by William Lind posted here?

A xenophobic, homophobic, racist, antisemitic, antifeminist, ultraconservative Christian Right demagogue?

These type of people are not our allies in challenging the status quo.

Here are some fun facts about Lind from my article for SPLC:

" In 1987, Weyrich commissioned Cultural Conservatism: Toward a New National Agenda, which became the script for what has become known as the "culture wars." Four years later, FCF staffers William Lind and William Marshner edited Cultural Conservatism: Theory and Practice. "

" Rejecting right-wing libertarianism as materialistic, "cultural conservatism" saw itself as based on Judeo-Christian ethics and at first concentrated its fire on gays and feminists, depicting them as sinners. But FCF soon expanded into conspiracy theories about sinister plots, themes reflected in two FCF-sponsored books, The Homosexual Agenda and Gays, AIDS and You. "

" Race surfaced in 1999, when Lind wrote that, "The real damage to race relations in the South came not from slavery, but from Reconstruction, which would not have occurred if the South had won." Had that happened, Lind added, "at least part of North America would still stand for Western culture, Christianity and an appreciation of the differences between ladies and gentlemen." Instead, when the South lost, the "official American state ideology" became the federally imposed "cultural Marxism of Political Correctness." In a speech to a Holocaust denial outfit last year, Lind blamed "cultural Marxism" on a tiny group of German Jews. "

Into the Mainstream Chip Berlet / SPLC http://www.splcenter.org/intel/intelreport/article.jsp?aid=50&printable=1

See also:

Dave Neiwert Rush, Newspeak and Fascism, Part 9 http://dneiwert.blogspot.com/2003_03_02_dneiwert_archive.html

Chip Berlet