[lbo-talk] Testy/Iskander

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 6 08:45:18 PDT 2004

A no-pain, actually very fub way to understand the Nationalities question especially in the Causasians is to read the Soviet-era stories of Fazil Iskander (Sandro from Chegem) -- he's Abkhazian, which is a tiny sliver nationality down there, and a verry interesting combination of Muslim, ambivalent Stalinist, skeptical nationalis. Funny as hell, extremely perceptive politically. Loads of good tales.