[lbo-talk] lbo-talk] Putin: "We showed weakness, and weakpeople are beaten..."

Luke Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Mon Sep 6 09:48:34 PDT 2004

The US is an outlier with regard to press coverage of Israel and the Palestinians.

-- Luke

----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Henwood" <dhenwood at panix.com> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Monday, September 06, 2004 12:44 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] lbo-talk] Putin: "We showed weakness, and weakpeople are beaten..."

Peter Lavelle wrote:

> Western media just canít go beyond seeing criminal elements who
>claim to speak for the Chechen people as something akin to the
>Palestinian example.

"Western media" here must exclude the U.S. Palestinians are demonized here, and the Chechens easily assimilated into the reigning Terrorism narrative.

Doug