[lbo-talk] MoveOn v. Bush

Luke Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Mon Sep 6 10:00:20 PDT 2004

Michael:

> As to you and Luke wanting to pretend like the merits of the lawsuit
matter:
> You're simply wrong.

I didn't say the (probably non-existent) merits of the lawsuit mattered. I claimed that the irrelevance of Clinton's testimony mattered, and it does. Point me to a case in which someone got nailed for providing misleading _immaterial_ testimony in a civil trial.

If you really don't think it matters that Starr et al. set a perjury trap (and by "matters" I don't mean exonerates Clinton), your politics are seriously fucked.

-- Luke