[lbo-talk] happy happy happy all the time!

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Tue Sep 7 09:45:51 PDT 2004

> Yes. France especially but also Germany are moving towards the
> American model of corporate management. Of course the foundation is
> still the traditional European social structure, but they're going
> that direction.

But they have a really long way to go to get there: cutting vacation by 2/3, cutting social welfare spending by nearly a half, increasing work load by 1/4, getting rid of industry-wide unions, increasing pay disparity by the factor of 20. And I do not think that Europeans will sheepishly go there without much resistance, like the US-ers do.

Methinks that the Europeans may trim some fat of their welfare states here and there, but it will be a cold day in hell before their enter the same league as the US occupies. I am counting on it as the Bush gang is stealing my social security :).

Wojtek