[lbo-talk] Alternet carries water for funder

John Adams jadams01 at sprynet.com
Tue Sep 7 10:37:21 PDT 2004

On Tuesday, September 7, 2004, at 11:31 AM, Leigh Meyers wrote:

> Reporters Report...
> If the content isn't biased, what the problem?

Perhaps Doug doesn't think it's a legitimate story. He'd be wrong--I've been reading about this for a week now. Or maybe he's tired of hearing about how Soros has given funds to _The Nation_ and figures this'll get people off his back about that for a while. That'd be understandable.

In any event, mainstream news organizations do report on themselves and their advertisers to some extent, not always unfavorably. In this case, I'm glad to see it--Hastert's attack was creepy, and I for one feel there is personal enjoyment and political encouragement in seeing a bully get hit back.

All the best,

John A