[lbo-talk] Re: law

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Wed Sep 8 12:40:05 PDT 2004

Dear List:

Michael writes:

> Gandhi, a lawyer, knew what every sane ordinary Joe and Jill
knows: The law is slippery, but it generally relates to hard realities that are highly susceptible to ethical analysis and rule-making.

But aren't we supposed to keep ethics out of the discussion of law since no one can agree on what is ethical? Aren't we supposed to limit ourselves to making sure that the procedures are fair?

> Only violate laws that exist to perpetuate unjust power.

I guess Michael is not a member of Justin and The Proceduralists (not to be confused with Jason and the Argonauts or the ever fabulous Josie and the Pussycats. Hanna-Barbera rocks!). LOL.

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister