[lbo-talk] New CBS Poll: Bad News For Kerry

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Sep 9 14:49:41 PDT 2004

At 05:21 PM 9/9/2004, Chuck0 wrote:
>Doug Henwood wrote:
>
>>Chuck0 wrote:
>>
>>>Looking forward to November when we can get past this election nonsense
>>>and focus on real social change.
>
>>If Bush is re-elected, don't you think a lot of people will focus on
>>hating him rather than "real social change"?
>
>No. I can't see how more people could spend more time hating Bush than
>they are now. I'm sure that Bush will leave office at some point with the
>lowest ratings of any U.S. president. But I think that more people will
>wake up to the fact that the problem isn't just one person, rather the
>entire system.

Frankly, I think that, if Shrubya-Fuckyourself '04 is a success, this country will be in the midst of a religious civil war and the idea of taking opinion polls on a presdinent's (tm) favorability ratings will seem darn quaint.

They'll be emboldened to do as they please, as will all the rest of the rightnutters.

Kelley

"We're in a fucking stagmire."

--Little Carmine, 'The Sopranos'