[lbo-talk] Helping the North Caucasus

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 10 04:46:32 PDT 2004

--- Simon Huxtable <jetfromgladiators at yahoo.com> wrote:

> A lot of people on my rabid pro-Chechen mailing list
>
> are up in arms about this article. In particular,
> they
> dispute the accuracy of the poll that claims that 80
> percent of Chechens want to be part of Russia. Their
> claim: 10 percent! Apparently, both this article,
> and
> the article that Chris posted about the US neocons'
> sympathy for Chechen separatism are KGB propaganda

They also claim that the Islamist factor in Chechnya is all KGB propaganda. Ho hum.

Jihadist Website Posts Statement Claiming Responsibility for Ossetia 'Raid' (Internet) Jihadist Websites -- Ansar al-Zawahiri in Arabic 05 Sep 04

[Report] The jihadist website Minbar Ahl al-Sunnah wal Jama'ah was checked on 5 September and found to post an unsigned statement, located at http://www.islamic-minbar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1881, sent to the website on 4 September by a contributor called Ansar al-Zawahiri [Supporters of Al-Zawahiri], saying the Ossetia school attack "is but the beginning" and threatening Europe with "a fierce street war."

Following is the text of the statement:

The Ossetia operation is but the beginning, and we threaten Europe with a fierce street war

In the name of God, the merciful, the compassionate. We rely on God. Peace be upon those who follow the right path. Peace be upon those who seek Jihad and pledge allegiance to mujahidin.

The Crusader and barbaric Russia has been severely punished so as to be an example for any world state that kills innocent Muslims.

Killing the butcher and Crusader Russians in Ossetia is but the beginning of a street war and gang war that are being launched and will be launched by the heroic mujahidin against the security forces and the European army in the streets of Caucasus and Europe.

The European leaders should learn the lesson so that the destiny of the their states will not be similar to the destiny of Russia which is currently burning from north to south and from east to west due to extreme panic, terror, and fear.

The killing of the Russian murderous crusaders is a right for the Muslim martyrs and the Muslim women who were raped by the Russian mercenaries in Chechnya, the Zionist Army in Palestine, and the US Army in Iraq.

The Russian people have opened many battle fronts by serving in the Zionist army in Palestine, the US army in Iraq, and the Russian army in Chechnya. The Russian people have to bear the consequences of their actions.