[lbo-talk] New CBS Poll: Bad News For Kerry

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Fri Sep 10 16:52:16 PDT 2004

Woj wrote:

The reason why this country consistently elects the most conservative leaders in the developed world is not some GOP trickery or DLC failure to push the right buttons, but because most people like it that way. There might be large pockets of liberalism in the northeast and along the west-coast, and smaller ones around university campuses elsewhere - and many educated folks tend to judge the nation by the prism of those pockets because these pockets are their environment. However, if you step out of these pockets you will find a solidly parochial, evangelical, and yes, conservative to the bone population that has not changed that much since the first publication of "Bobbitt" or H.L. Mencken's report of the Scopes trial.

The reality is that a majority of people who went to the polls in the last election voted for Gore. The majority of people who went to the polls in the 1932 election in Germany did not vote for Hitler. Bush became leader of the executive committe of the ruling class because he was appointed winner by conservatively packed Supreme Court, helped along by turning the blind eyes of justice toward the electoral crimes committed in the state of Florida.

To be sure, there are still a lot of bumpkin, tough guy, God fearing people in the USA. But the question which keeps nagging at them and their leaders must be: how many of those people who voted for Gore last time will be voting for Bush this time?

My guess would be none. My guess is that a lot of people who voted for Bush aren't happy campers. My guess is that the polls which are coming out showing Kerry behind are designed to depress the vote for a change in the leadership of the executive committee of the ruling class.

Best, Mike B)

===== "If you let yourself be absorbed completely, if you surrender completely to the moments as they pass, you live more richly those moments."

Anne Morrow Lindbergh

http://profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal