[lbo-talk] Petition to Free Italian and Iraqi Aid Workers Abducted in Baghdad

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Fri Sep 10 21:05:43 PDT 2004

Liza Featherstone wrote:

>I'm sorry, it seems asinine in the extreme to assume that because this
>kidnapping serves US gov't interests, and is cruel and barbaric, that the
>CIA is behind it. There are evil forces besides our own government, believe
it or not.

Given that "this kidnapping serves US gov't interests, and is cruel and barbaric," it seems naive in the extreme to deprecate the possibility that it is intended precisely for that purpose. And it is manifestly clear that there are evil forces in and associated with "our" government that have nothing to do with the CIA.

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things...It consents and does not consent to be called Zeus."

Herakleitos of Ephesos