[lbo-talk] Robert Bruce Ware and the truth about Chechnya

R rhisiart at charter.net
Fri Sep 10 21:29:51 PDT 2004

i don't mean to blunt the force of this posting; it's interesting and informative. all crimes against humanity are significant.

the point i would like to make is that as horrible as the events in chechnya are, they pale in comparison to what's currently going on in the sudan and iraq. more children and innocents are being killed, maimed and crippled for life in those regions than in chechnya. much like the massive Rwanda genocide that Bill Clinton chose to pass over.

i understand the US senate passed some hasty resolution deploring events in chechnya, while it continues to condone US war crimes in iraq. shrub, in his infinite wisdom and out of his great concern for the opinion of the international community, deferred to the UN regarding what his govt allegedly recognizes as sudan genocide. the US govt is taking the same passive, indifferent stand to genocide in sudan that it took toward the nazi genocide of jews.

could race have something to do with this matter? of course.