[lbo-talk] Brooks on class treason...

Lance Murdoch lancemurdoch at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 10:28:33 PDT 2004

Chuck0 says:

> The rest of the world can see no difference in this Lilliputian battle between "Big-Endians"
> and "Small-Endians," but those involved continue to invent rhetoric about how each side is
> different from the other.

I agree. What are the debates in the news, and on Free Republic and Democratic Underground (which I have been banned from twice, for little reason)? Is Kerry telling the truth about his Vietnam service?

Is Bush telling the truth over what he did during Vietnam? This is also what is discussed on Hardball, Capital Gang, Crossfire, McLaughlin Group, Brooks and Shields, Hannity and Colmes, and all of these other shows. It is a big-endian/little-endian debate about literally nothing. And these types of shows seem to be flourishing, it seems half of news channel shows today are Democrats and Republicans debating about nothing. And continued talk about how the country is "polarized", but the polarization picture you get from them is polarization over what kind of typewriter typed Bush's National Guard forms. I wonder if these Democrat/Republican shows or segments have been increasing on TV or if its just my imagination.

I even had a local Green on the ballot start talking to me about WMDs.

I asked him why he was talking about nonsense like WMDs? I knew from day one WMDs had little to no connection with Bush's desire to invade Iraq, so why are we discussing why Bush was wrong on why he supposedly wanted to invade, instead of actually discussing why he invaded?

In an analytical sense, there is a difference between the Democrats and Republicans, as Henwood said in a prior post, if there was no difference, there wouldn't be so much effort spent in the jockeying for power. But to the average working person, it has as much consequence as whether in a proxy fight the board of GE remains or succumbs to a hostile takeover by well-heeled investors. In other words, there is in that respect, no difference. Nothing could show the collaboration of the parties better than them having gotten the potentially catalytic half of the country arguing with people about WMDs, military records from 30-40 years ago and typewriters instead of capitalism, racism and imperialism.