[lbo-talk] Arrow (Was Re: law)

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 11 18:02:17 PDT 2004

> But what about democracy afterwards? If democracy is
> internally
> inconsistent, then we can't trust it as a base from
> which to reason.
>
> All the best,

Too bad. There's no alternative. You think dictatorship is better? Get real here, fella. I mean, Chick opposes democracy because he thinks we should have no government at all. I think that's silly. Charles opposes what liberals think of as democracy because he wants the dictatorship of the proletariat, embodied in the Leninist Party. We've been there, wasn't so good. So, democracy is what we have got. It's inconsistent? So sorry. We have to live with that. "The life of the law has not been logic, it has been experience," I paraphrase from Holmes. jks