[lbo-talk] The Plutocrats Go Wild

T Fast tfast at yorku.ca
Sun Sep 12 18:18:12 PDT 2004

It appears as thought the equation of bad times=progressive politics plagues liberal commentators as well. I wish comentators on the contemprary scene would recall that fascism and Bonapartism are an equally popular response to the trauma. Hell even a cursory overview to the stagflation of the mid 70's to early eighties and the politics of neoliberalism that it ushered should be enough to give the lie to the formula.

Travis

The Plutocrats Go Wild by James K. Galbraith

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/features/2004/0409.galbraith.html#byline ....