[lbo-talk] Re: If Kerry Were President

Brad Mayer Bradley.Mayer at Sun.COM
Sun Sep 12 23:12:23 PDT 2004

Unfortunately for Doug's favorite right-winger, Kerry says he would have launched the aggression anyway. Wanniskis' is a moot point. ----------------------------------------------------------------- If Kerry Were President, Saddam Would Still Be in Power!

Sep 10 2004

Memo To: Bill Kristol

From: Jude Wanniski

Re: At last we agree!!

Dear Bill. Someone sent me your September 8 commentary in The Weekly Standard about how Saddam Hussein would still be in power if John Kerry were president. Holy Smokes!! For the first time in several years, I agree with you. Of course, it means you are forced to admit that "Bush went to war to remove Saddam," not to disarm him of weapons of mass destruction or prevent him from helping terrorists acquire them. And you also say, "Kerry, it now appears, would not have." That's right. And logically, that means Saddam would still be in power. That's absolutely correct!!