[lbo-talk] New CBS Poll: Bad News For Kerry

Marvin Gandall marvgandall at rogers.com
Mon Sep 13 10:10:53 PDT 2004

Charles Brown wrote:

> More later. Lets discuss evidence.
>
> You don't have to have beyond a reasonable doubt evidence to speculate
about
> government wrong doing.
>
> My they always do this type of stuff is backed up by an enormous history
of
> concrete examples - Watergate, Contragate, the 2004 elections, MLK
> assassination, COINTELPRO, on and on and on. You as someone on the left
> should know this . It is a mystery why you would to fail to fill in what
the
> "stuff" concretely has been all these many years, the stuff from the past
> that gives rise to reasonable suspicions TODAY. It is standard operating
> procedure, and there is overwhelming evidence of this. That it happens in
> general and frequently _is_ beyond a reasonable doubt.
>
> What is your understanding of evidence ?
---------------------------- I don't really want to get into a postmodernist debate about what constitutes "evidence", Charles, and I don't know that we need to extend this thread further. Let's just leave it to the jury of our LBO-Talk peers to decide whether you've presented enough evidence to justify the charge that the Republicans orchestrated those recent poll results showing Kerry way behind. Personally, I don't think Kerry needed their help...

MG