[lbo-talk] Re: Powerless religious right?

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Mon Sep 13 10:22:32 PDT 2004

Dear List:

Chuck0 writes:

> They have failed to win any major battles in the culture wars.

I guess a 71% victory in Missouri in the effort to discriminate against queers is a minor skirmish then.

And what about their mobilization in Ohio against queers?

If they are on the wane as you claim, then they still are remarkably effective.

What I think is more accurate to say is that their viewpoint has been so abnsorbed by society, that they do not need to be as flagrant as they used to be. Even much of the left has given up on queer/sexual rights as a vital issue.

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister