[lbo-talk] re: New CBS Poll: Bad News For Kerry

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Mon Sep 13 12:58:41 PDT 2004

On Sep 13, 2004, at 3:30 AM, Mike Ballard wrote:

> I see it as parts of the ruling class acting in what
> they see as their interests. They reach a consensus
> and they act accordingly--in this case to depress
both
> psychologically and ultimately on election day, the
> section of the electorate which would cast its vote
> Kerry's way by skewing polls this way and that.

Except that it doesn't appear that all the ruling class wants Bush to win. Unless you define "ruling class" as those members of the capital-owning class who what Bush to win, in which case the statement becomes circular.

> I see it as parts of the ruling class acting in what
> they see as their interests.

The contest between the Republicans and Democrats can also be seen as a faction fight between members of the ruling class.

Best, Mike B)

===== "Philosophy, which once seemed obsolete, lives on because the moment to realize it was missed."

Theodor Adorno, NEGATIVE DIALECTICS http://profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal