[lbo-talk] first gay marriage, then polyamory

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Mon Sep 13 17:03:33 PDT 2004

I hate to say it but the few official polyamorists I have personally known were just awful...or maybe it's just that all life-style trailblazers are nauseatingly self-righteous and full of themselves...I don't know....or maybe because they were all Sillicon Valley types....on steroids.

But if the practice caught on....I don't know that it would be half bad:

--It would put the kibosh on private health insurance. --It would lead to the re-architecting of houses. --It would confuse the Mormons and all ploygamists --It would swing society toward matriarchy -- It would create something between sociology and psychoanalysis that would be kind of interesting -- It would make for much better parties

Perhaps in a former life I was a deer. You know, the females in the inner circle, tending the young. The males, guarding the periphery and taking a dip into the middle for the lusty bits. Seems OK to me.

I think there might need to be some serious attention paid to children having someone to bond with....but otherwise...hey....it can't be worse than this nuclear family shit. Nothing can.

Joanna