[lbo-talk] Speaking of jihad.....

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 14 08:23:26 PDT 2004

It's in reference to the European settlers in North America.

It's a quote from the book "I have spoken; American history through the voices of the Indians" by Virginia Irving Armstrong. American history as told through Native American speeches and oratory... I forget the publisher. It includes nuggets such as:

"If I knew what they were going to do, I would have never surrendered" -Chief Joseph

----- Original Message ----- From: bryan To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 8:49 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Speaking of jihad.....

> "Trust you?
> Why should we trust you?
> Your savior came down to earth
> and you nailed him to a cross!"
> --Anonymous First American, circa 1870

Ummmm...this a reference to the Romans or have you seen Mel Gibson's The Passion too many times?