[lbo-talk] Why Madonna's Going to Occupied Palestine

Michael Dawson MDawson at pdx.edu
Tue Sep 14 13:19:36 PDT 2004

-----Original Message----- From: Michael Dawson [mailto:Michael at DawLaw.net] Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 12:18 PM To: 'lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org' Subject: Why Madonna's Going to Occupied Palestine

Very mature stuff here:

"The Evil Eye" The Red String protects us from the influences of the Evil Eye. Evil eye is a very powerful negative force. It refers to the unfriendly stare and unkind glances we sometimes get from people around us. Envious eyes and looks of ill will affect us, stopping us from realizing our full potential in every area of our life. According to Kabbalah, the critical need to confront the problem of negative influences cannot be underestimated. People who fail to understand this and activate a protective shield through positive and proactive behavior will eventually become victims. Kabbalah teaches us that we can remove intrusive negative influences and, more importantly, that we have the potential to eradicate negativity forever! The power of the eye, when understood from a Kabbalistic perspective, becomes as powerful a healing instrument as it can be a devastating channel of destruction.

"Rachel and The Red String" The Red String has been used as a tool of protection for centuries. The practice, developed by the sages, involves winding the red string around the tomb of the great Matriarch, Rachel located in the Land of Israel. The string is then cut it into pieces and worn on the left wrist. The left hand is considered by Kabbalah to be the receiving side for the body and soul. By wearing The Red String on our left wrist, we can receive a vital connection to the protective energies surrounding the tomb of Rachel. It also allows us to take Rachel's powerful protective energy with us and draw from it anytime. Kabbalists believe that by seeking the Light of holy persons, such as Rachel, we can use their powerful influence to assist us. According to Kabbalah, Rachel represents the physical world in which we live. Her greatest desire is to protect and defend all of her children from evil. When we tie The Red String to our left wrist, while reciting the powerful Ben Porat prayer on this pamphlet, we seal her powerful protective energy within as it intercepts negative influences intended to cause us harm.