[lbo-talk] ex-naderites for Kerry

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Tue Sep 14 14:36:16 PDT 2004

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Nader 2000 Leaders United To Defeat Bush
>
> We, the undersigned, were selected by Ralph Nader to be members of his
> 113-person national "Nader 2000 Citizens Committee." This year, we urge
> support for Kerry/Edwards in all swing states, even while we strongly
> disagree with Kerry's policies on Iraq and other issues. For people
> seeking progressive social change in the United States, removing George
> W. Bush from office should be the top priority in the 2004 presidential
> election. Progressive votes for John Kerry in swing states may prove
> decisive in attaining this vital goal. (For updated list of signers, see

Wow. This is a real nadir for progressive politics in this country.

I guess some so-called smart people are too stupid to understand that Nader's campaign is about putting progressive issues into the election, not in actually getting Nader elected.

Thank god I'm an anarchist and November is only two months away!

Chuck0