[lbo-talk] Compared to What

John Adams jadams01 at sprynet.com
Tue Sep 14 15:16:50 PDT 2004

On Tuesday, September 14, 2004, at 03:12 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Michael Dawson wrote:
>
>> Good luck with this. Kaballah is an IQ test. If you believe it, you
>> fail.
>
> Compared to what?

Compared to What from Swiss Movement, Les McCann and Eddie Harris http://home.uchicago.edu/~narusso/shack/data/lm_comp.htm

Another night a night of love (?) A hangin' on me push an' shove Posession is the motivation That is hangin' up the goddamn nation Looks like we always end up in a rut

Everybody now Tryin' to make it real, compared to what Come on baby, now

Slaughter houses are killin' hogs Twisted children are killin' frogs Poor dumb rednecks rollin' logs Tired old lady, kissin' dogs I hate the human love of that stinkin' mutt

I can't use it Tryin' to make it real, compared to what Come on baby, now

The President, he's got his war Folks don't know just what it's for Nobody gives us rhyme or reason Have (a) one doubt, they call it treason We chicken feathers all without one nut

Goddamn it! Tryin' to make it real, compared to what Sock it to me

Church on Sunday, sleep and nod Trying to duck the wrath of God Preachers fillin' us with fright They all trying to teach us with what they think is right They really got to be some kind of nut

I can't use it Tryin' to make it real, compared to what Lover, baby, hey

Where's that bee and where's that honey Where's my god and where's my money Unreal values, a crass distortion Unwed mothers need abortion Kinda brings to mind ol' young King Tut

He did it now Tryin' to make it real, compared to what

(more solos)

Trying to make it real compared to what