[lbo-talk] How do you spell Bush in Russian? "P-u-t-i-n"

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 15 03:15:36 PDT 2004

--- Wojtek Sokolowski <sokol at jhu.edu> wrote: The point of the "crap" you mention is to underscore the value of formal democracy and market capitalism - and most US reporting on foreign affairs falls into that category - including the piece by Katrina vanden Heuvel in "The Nation" that you commented on a few days ago. Katrina was really writing about Bush's Amerika - Russia was but an allegory of despotic tendencies.

---

Yes this is true. But, maybe I'm naive, but I just don't understand it. Weir has been writing about Russia for years. He must know the reality. Why does he and people like him continue to distort it? Is it deliberate? Do they take drugs? What?