[lbo-talk] Kerry and the VVAW (the true story)

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Wed Sep 15 10:47:45 PDT 2004

On Sep 15, 2004, at 12:10 PM, Michael Dawson wrote:

> If that's the true story, why does it take research to dig it up?
> Kerry has
> flushed his two fleeting moments of principle and truth-telling (VVAW
> and
> the Iran-Contra work) down the toilet. That's not only ethically
> nauseating, but politically stupid. He could be using these two
> flashes of
> decency as the foundation for promising withdrawal from Iraq. Oh, but
> wait:
> He's in favor of that war crime.

His "position" (odd to use such a definite term for his squishy whatever-it-is) on the Iraq war is nauseating. Let's just hope that if he wins, the situation on the ground in that unhappy country will compel him to pull out the troops statim.

The same situation, which looks to be pure chaos by January, if not earlier, if the present trend continues, will also present a difficult problem to Shrub if he wins, of course. Wonder what his response will be?

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ When I was a little boy, I had but a little wit, 'Tis a long time ago, and I have no more yet; Nor ever ever shall, until that I die, For the longer I live the more fool am I. -- Wit and Mirth, an Antidote against Melancholy (1684)