[lbo-talk] How do you spell Bush in Russian? "P-u-t-i-n"

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 16 03:45:49 PDT 2004

--- budge <budge at el-pleasant.org> wrote:
> This generates endless corruption. Weir must know
> this. Why does he write such crap?

so putin isn't doing a power grab using terrorism as an excuse (which is what my subject line was about)? ---

Depends on what you mean by "power grab." If you mean something like "focusing power in his own hands out of personal vainglory or lust for power," no. If you mean "strengthening Moscow vs. the regions in an attempt to consolidate the country," yes.

I don't know, but I would make a bet that this move is very popular in the regions. The regions are (usually) ruled by Mafia cronies. They are feifdoms.