[lbo-talk] from smut to salami

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Thu Sep 16 09:51:23 PDT 2004

> At 10:18 AM -0400 9/16/04, <newsfeed at mediabistro.com> wrote:
> >TRADING SMUT FOR SALAMI
> >Al Goldstein, the once portly clown prince of porn who made a mint
> >publishing outrageous raunch in Screw magazine, is now a host at the
> >2nd Avenue Deli in Manhattan.
> >http://www.thevillager.com/villager_72/expornkingtradessex.html

Does Goldstein still do "Midnight Blue" on Manhattan Cable? That was one of my fave shows -- marvelously low-budget, crude, funny, crass. And in the center of it all sat Goldstein, usually very overweight, wheezing from his daily cigar habit, ranting about whatever pissed him off, no matter how trivial it was.

"And so, for its lies and shitty food and shitty service . . . Mrs. Fields Cookies, go fuck yourself!!"

DP