[lbo-talk] UPDATE on Hostages in Iraq

jeffrey fisher jfisher at igc.org
Thu Sep 16 11:10:58 PDT 2004

On Thursday, September 16, 2004, at 11:05 AM, mitchelcohen at mindspring.com wrote:

> Below, I reprint an investigatory article from today's British
> "Guardian" newspaper by Naomi Klein and Jeremy Scahill which
> buttresses the claim I made, with specific evidence, such as: "The
> attackers were armed with AK-47s, shotguns, pistols with silencers and
> stun guns -- hardly the mujahideen's standard-issue rusty
> Kalashnikovs. Strangest of all is this detail: witnesses said that
> several attackers wore Iraqi National Guard uniforms and identified
> themselves as working for Ayad Allawi, the interim prime minister."

yeah, if i were an insurgent looking to make the US and the provisional govt look bad, i would *never* think to steal a few uniforms and tell people i'm in the pay of allawi.

and if i were allawi ordering foreign anti-war activists rounded up, i would broadcast my government's crackdown on democratic free speech and abduction of foreign nationals by having policemen chat up bystanders.

ok, that's if i were a moron.