[lbo-talk] now he tells us........

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Thu Sep 16 12:22:20 PDT 2004

> 2) There is nothing progressive in this. It is easy to imagine
> circumstances in which the UN would have given approval to invading Iraq.

What would those be? A mass outbreak of insanity? Space aliens zapping the brains of leading politicians?

> 3) Calling international law 'law' is a bit forced anyway. There are
> customs and practices and treaties, but there is no general will and no
> enforcer at the global level.

Of course there is - it's called the marketplace. We're just in an unusual phase of history, because the previous avatar of the total system, the US Empire, is falling apart. Americanization having become universal, the Empire is experiencing one of those Hegelian "furies of disappearance".

-- DRR