[lbo-talk] Re: light of my life, maybe not the fire of my loins

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Fri Sep 17 16:46:40 PDT 2004

I've made this point a dozen times already, so I'll do it again:

When we start confusing fixations with sexual freedom, we're in trouble.

NOBODY on this list has ever argued that people with sexual fixations should suffer in any way whatsoever.....the only thing that happens on this list, is that sometimes people speculate on what some of these fixations might mean. We are talking about the social unconscious...or trying to.

I am using "fixation" as a descriptive term, not a derogatory term. I do not think of homosexuality as a "fixation."

Also, I find it really, really weird that a Buddhist should write the way you (Brian) do about the valid "self-expression" of people who are totally conditioned by the forces that Woj describes.

That was a great post Woj. Clear as a bell.

Joanna