[lbo-talk] Learn Why We Need a Million Worker March

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Sep 18 07:41:32 PDT 2004

Doug Henwood wrote:

> It's a great idea, but the timing stinks - weeks before an election
> that most likely participants care about, some very intensely. What
> were they thinking?

The timing is superb. Demonstrations give us a count of our potential strength. This demo lets us know how many people still take politics seriously even during the quadrennial celebration of passivity. Someone, sneering at it, predicted "only 10,000." That's 10k of people who will go back home and work instead of merely reading the poll figures like baseball fans read the batting stats.

Carrol