[lbo-talk] Commodity Fetishism

Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net
Sun Sep 19 10:06:39 PDT 2004

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carrol Cox" <cbcox at ilstu.edu>

The screen on which you are reading these words appears to be a relationship between your money and it. You exchanged money for a monitor. It cannot conceivably appear otherwise. That is its real appearance. It really appears that way regardless of your thinking or feeling. No change of mind on your part; no different psychological state on your part, can change that real appearance.

No, the words I'm reading lead me to infer that there's a cranky authoritarian writing/typing silly assertions about causation-cum-social relationships while wanting to avoid discussions of agency, thought and feeling at all costs........

Dog bless the interminable redescription of appearances.......

Ian