[lbo-talk] Re: light of my life, maybe not the fire of my loins

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Sun Sep 19 16:39:28 PDT 2004

--- Brian Charles Dauth <magcomm at ix.netcom.com> wrote: Being a masochist or dominant or sadist is just as much a part of sexual orientation as being gay or lesbian. --- Chris responded: No it isn't. Being a sadist means being turned on by causing pain, i.e., sick in the head.

The passive acceptance of dominance and submission rituals is key to maintaining a class society--in its modern guise, wage-slavery. This aspect of authoritarian psychology is nurtured socially. In other words, sado-masochism is a social disease. Homsexuality is not a social disease; it is a natural feature of genetic outcomes in the animal kingdom.

Best, Mike B)

===== "Philosophy, which once seemed obsolete, lives on because the moment to realize it was missed."

Theodor Adorno, NEGATIVE DIALECTICS http://profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal