[lbo-talk] Learn Why We Need a Million Worker March

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sun Sep 19 18:40:02 PDT 2004

Michael Dawson mdawson at pdx.edu, Sun Sep 19 17:02:55 PDT 2004:
>>That doesn't mean, though, that the Million Man March was more
>>politically significant for us than the far smaller Million Worker
>>March -- the first-ever national mobilization of rank-and-file
>>labor activists led by the Black left leadership -- will be.
>>--
>>Yoshie
>
>Two questions:
>
>1. You think the Million Man March was politically significant? Why?

The sentence you quote doesn't imply that the Million Man March was politically significant for us.

>2. You claim that this sad devolution of that previous sad
>pointlessness will somehow matter, because of the skin-color of its
>misguided organizers? If it proves to be forgotten by all in one
>year, will you agree to stop posting to this list and shut down your
>annoying, predictable blog?

Why reduce "the first-ever national mobilization of rank-and-file labor activists led by the Black left leadership" to a matter of "the skin color" of the march organizers alone and falsely attribute the reduction to me, when my posting to which you reply explicitly rejects it? Anyhow, judging by all your other posts, there doesn't appear to be any activity (including campaigning for the Democratic Party candidate that you intend to vote for) that isn't "pointless" in your opinion. I congratulate you for coming up with a great excuse to yourself for doing nothing politically and feeling good about it.

>[lbo-talk] Ralph Nader, 2001-2003
>martin mschiller at pobox.com, Sun Sep 19 14:27:59 PDT 2004
<snip>
>Who is the 'left' that he [Ralph Nader] represents?

Those who don't want to vote for Bush or Kerry will be represented by Nader (or any of the other candidates on the left, where they are on the ballots), if they vote. The rest will be represented by Kerry or Bush.

Yoshie

* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/> * Greens for Nader: <http://greensfornader.net/> * Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>