[lbo-talk] Sex and the economy) Was (light of my life, . . . )

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 20 06:55:35 PDT 2004

Look, if you want to start an interesting discussion about the deficit, say something interesting, or ask a question that attracts people's interest. If you aren't interested in a discussion, don't snipe at them as are unless it's out of control or played out. (I rather think the Light Of My Life is played out, actually.

Two unrelated remarks.

One is a question for economist types -- why is there a secular increase in inflation over time?

The other concerns Ted's remarks about Kovel's "thoughtful" article on S&M -- I thought it was just high class Ick. There is no evidence, just sheer speculation, that kink is somehow associated with class despair or rubbish of that sort, and dragging Hegel into it is obscurantism. Reminds me of Stalinist doubletalk about how homosexuality is a symptom of bourgeois decadence or some such. Chris is more honest. He's just creeped out.