[lbo-talk] Learn Why We Need a Million Worker March

Michael Dawson MDawson at pdx.edu
Mon Sep 20 10:41:29 PDT 2004

Y: The sentence you quote doesn't imply that the Million Man March was politically significant for us.

Are you the arbiter of "us?" Whatever delusions you have about that, why do you condone naming marches after bad precendents? The burden's on you here. You're advocating the expenditure of scarce energies on this squeak in the wilderness.

Y: Why reduce "the first-ever national mobilization of rank-and-file labor activists led by the Black left leadership" to a matter of "the skin color" of the march organizers alone and falsely attribute the reduction to me, when my posting to which you reply explicitly rejects it?

You are arguing that the MWM deserves support because of the race of its leadership, are you not?

Y: Anyhow, judging by all your other posts, there doesn't appear to be any activity (including campaigning for the Democratic Party candidate that you intend to vote for) that isn't "pointless" in your opinion. I congratulate you for coming up with a great excuse to yourself for doing nothing politically and feeling good about it.

Yes, you've caught me now. Since I'll be skipping the MWM and not knocking on doors for horse-face, I do nothing politically. Never have never will, in fact. I just like to attack everybody who does things. Doing things is stupid. It's all about blogging and listing.