[lbo-talk] Sexual self-expression

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 21 05:26:18 PDT 2004

OK, you can no doubt also deploy such resources to prove that gay relationships are Bad, or that voluntarily non-child-bearing relationships, or any sort at all. With Hegel, Marx, and psychoanalysis to hand, a few dollps of Sarte, a bit of Heidegger, etc., I could construct an argument without a whole lot of effort that anyone's favorite sexual practices stand condemned by Reason and Logic.

What I still want to know about anyone's condemnation of the harmless sexual practices of consenting adults, whatever they may be, is Who Asked You?

Pardon my invoking John Stuart Mill. He was just a bourgeois liberal after all.